Chicago Chesed Fund

https://www.chicagochesedfund.org/

Monday, June 20, 2016

Novarodok

Tonight, June 20, 2016, my wife and I are the guests of honor at the Yeshiva Beis Yosef Novarodok dinner.

This is less bizarre than it would appear, because the dinner is dedicated as a memorial tribute to my parents, זכרונם לברכה, and because I'm sponsoring a section of the new construction, and because my mechuton is the Rosh Yeshiva, and because my son in law is a Rosh Yeshiva there as well.

This is going to take place at Yad Yosef Torah Center, 1036 Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn, New York, at 6:30 pm.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the dinner is sold out. Still, you're welcome to drop by and say hello.


Postscript: I survived the dinner, and it was beautiful and well attended. Excellent Divrei Torah were said, and I had the pleasure of meeting many old friends and acquaintances, most of whom are now  ראשי ישיבה. In fact, I met Rav Simcha Soloveichik after not having seen him for many, many years, and he told me a phenomenal Gaon that goes perfectly with the vort I posted on Behaaloscha on hadarta/yareisa.  I have updated the post to include the Gaon.

No comments:

Post a Comment